Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Studio 400 & Green screens?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member edenrepublik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I just recently got a Studio 400 editor from pinnacle. It works great but in an upcoming film I plan on doing, I need a green screen. I can get the screen but I need software. Are there any products out there that can work w/the studio 400 for green screening?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Matt Fielding's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 1999
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The compositing software you are using doesn't nessasarily have to be compatible with Studio 400. You could always do the green screen sequences with Effect* or After Effects and save out as a pict sequence and import it into Studio 400.

    Matt

  3. #3
    Inactive Member marti-c's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2000
    Posts
    298
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You cant green screen as such with studio 400 as it is just a edit controller. you are not really video capturing into the computer, therefore you cant use premiere or even videowave etc. you need to get a video capture device such as matrox marvel etc. I am afraid the studio 400 is really only good for putting on graphics and linear assembly type editing.i.e. you cant insert edit with it or seperately record audio tracks because you record on a normal video machine , the video just bypasses round the computer and it is just a straight copy from your camcorder to your video. i know it sounds complicated but it really comes down to the fact studio 400 is NOT a full resolution video capture device, it only captures at quicktime quality to act a tyhumbnail to the different scenes.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member redundant student 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 1999
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Inothers words Studio 400 is pants. I've got it myself and i think that the packaging was very misleading. If however you want to upgrade to Studio Dc10 you can get 30% (if you order through the Pinnacle Systems website.) www.pinnaclesys.com

    Jack.

    P.s. Dont let your dog bite through the SmartCable, coz it'll cost ya at least $30 (Personally experience)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member WUXflooble's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2000
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Be cool man!

    Green screen on computerised edit systems
    is done as a post process effect not IN
    hardware like on Casablanca et al!
    It should have no effect on what edit card
    your using. As for software, the ULTIMATTE
    plug-in for after FX is exceptionaly good
    if u can get hold of it(NUDGE NUDGE,wink wink
    know WOT i mean eh? WAREZ\APPZ coff coff!)

  6. #6
    Inactive Member edenrepublik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Thanks for the input. I think i'll choose the creative route as opposed to upgrading as I got the thing used on eBay.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member darthshawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2000
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got this product as well, and soon after learned that it is not much good for anything other than home video. Do yourself a favour, return it and get something like DC30.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •